Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thirty!!



Last night was my 30th John Mayer show, and my sixth of this tour. I was not expecting a lot, since my other shows were all in NYC and CT, but I actually think it was the best of the tour (despite the boring Seattle audience). I was so hoping that he would play some of my favorites that he has not done in the past few shows I've attended. Song #2 was "Belief" and I literally almost pushed Esther over when I heard those initial notes because I was pretty surprised. Part way through the show, the band left the stage and it was just my boy John and his guitar. He did "The Heart of Life," "Dreaming with a Broken Heart," and then my super favorite, "Clarity" which included a bit of "Human Nature" and which I am posting here for your enjoyment.



Since I was going to the show with Esther, who has accompanied me to seven concerts previously, and Paul, who has only been to one show before, we had lots to talk about. Esther made the comment that she thinks he is trying to tone down the crazy facial expressions because of his growing fame. But just as if he had heard her and wanted to prove her wrong, he treated us to a few, like this one here.



JM said he was in a really good mood, and it showed because he really put on a great show. I left feeling so happy that I decided to fly out. Paul enjoyed it so much that he talked about going again this summer, if JM did a summer tour. Although this sent Esther over the edge, considering she'll have a tiny baby this summer and won't be able to go and therefore neither can he, I got excited thinking about the possibility. And when I checked johnmayer.com this morning, I found that he has announced some summer tour dates and there are plenty for me to look forward to! Including a show in southern California on my birthday that I will be dragging Anne Lise to for her first JM live experience. No dates in the Seattle area, so I guess Paul is off the hook.

4 comments:

Kendra Leigh said...

We'll be in SoCal in August- maybe you can talk us into finally seeing him live?

One Sassy Princess said...

Trust me I have been giddy since my phone call!!!! I am SOOO Excited!

Esther said...

That Clarity clip illustrates both how awesome that Clarity/Human Nature performance was as well as how stupid that Seattle crowd was.

sonya d said...

Esther. that's correct.

I found a better one and re-posted it. Now the audience is just super quiet.