Sunday, April 25, 2010

Moving day

Yesterday was moving day. I took the opportunity to take some last photos of my beloved window after my office was completely empty. It has a nice arch, which is partially covered because of duct work in the ceiling. Not only do we have a great view, but we get great light all day long and we can open these windows when it's nice out or when the heating/cooling system is not quite right. We were told we'd have to move at the end of March, but we were able to finagle it so that we could stay until after this tree bloomed. The blossoms are all gone by now, so we got the best part of spring. (See how positive I'm being about this whole thing?)



Here's my supervisor's windows (she has a corner office and thus gets two). This is the western view, of beautiful, tree-lined Christopher St.


Here's the southern view, which is of an apartment building and another tree in front of the building.



My new office is actually not so bad. It's probably 3x as big as my old office and I still have a huge window. Here's my new view. I probably wouldn't mind the move so much, except I know there's another one to come, probably two, and possibly three. (long story.)

And here's the wallpaper in my office. It used to be a bedroom (which is part of that long story about why I'll be moving again in the future).

All of this aside, I'm grateful to have a job. We just got the results of our RFP, so we'll see if that's true come June 30 (the end of the fiscal year).

1 comment:

shaunacd said...

I don't understand all the moving. Do they not want to pay the rent, so you have to move each time the rent is due?