Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Dock days

Years ago when I lived in Norway, I had a total panic attack one day and said to my good friend, Anne Lise, "What the heck am I doing here?" She immediately said, "Let's go buy some Cokes and sit on the dock." So we did and I was able to relax and felt better and we could get back to work and it was great. For the next year or so, whenever I felt overwhelmed and needed a little break, we called it a dock day, even when we didn't sit on a dock.

Last week, I had one of those days. Then the next day, I was told we have to move AGAIN and they want us ready to go in two weeks with no place to land on the other end. And it was more than I could take. So I walked to the docks (I guess it's a pier, really) and sat for a while. Only now I drink Diet Coke. And it totally worked.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

I need a dock day! Only I am land locked...Wishin' I had a cool thoughtful spot...

Shiff said...

Dock Days? I like it! But you didn't talk about the 'entertainment' you had at the pier last week. LoL!

Kathy said...

Love the idea of Dock Days! I'm needing one today.

One Sassy Princess said...

I love "DOCK" days! I do them every now and again and call it a beach day! I am glad that something we started so long ago still applies and still helps! I sure do love ya--KLEM!!!