Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Cookie tables

So one of my friends linked this article to her blog and then I wanted to do it, too.

At first when I heard about a cookie table at a wedding, I thought that sounded kind of white trash. Which you would think might appeal to me, but no. Until I read the whole article and saw the cookie table actually sounds... pretty freakin' awesome. I guess I like the idea of using old family recipes and mothers, aunts and grandmothers baking for months and freezing them and people bringing their tupperware to bring cookies home for the next day. The part that concerned me is that I really really really like cake and I thought it was sad that people would choose cookies instead of cake, which I totally disapprove of. But if you can have a beautiful delicious wedding cake AND 26 different kinds of homemade cookies? It's pretty much a no-brainer. My family has a really good recipe for sugar cookies, and I'm pretty sure people would line up around the corner for them.

But I still have one reservation. Have you ever been to a linger longer at church and noticed the behavior of all the primary children? I imagine that's how a cookie table would be and I definitely wouldn't like that very much.

(thanks for the link Hogie!)

4 comments:

Jenni said...

I can't get enough of this...it is the most beautiful thing. Maybe I should renew my vows just to have a cookie table?!!!!

Kathy said...

Great article. I agree, there's something nice about it bringing together traditional family recipes, as long as there's still cake! I now have a insatiable craving for peanut butter blossoms.

sonya d said...

In addition to sugar cookies, my peanut butter blossoms are pretty good.

One Sassy Princess said...

Hey now I had a dessert table with quite a few different cookies!