Tuesday, December 9, 2008

What comes after the Finale?

you know how sometimes there are movies and then there's a sequel and more sequels and just when you think it's the end, Rocky 6 and a new Rambo movie are released in the same year?


Back in October, I reported that my tomato plant had yielded it's last piece of fruit, but guess what? I just picked one today on December 9!! I pulled the plant in off of my fire escape when it started to get cold and that thing is DEAD. But all of a sudden, a little green branch sprung up from the dead one, and then I noticed a flower on it. Although I was getting ready to get rid of the thing all together, I decided I should wait and see what happens. Well, this is what happened.

Then two weeks ago, I noticed another little green branch springing up. I don't even water this thing anymore. I would really like to get this eye sore out of my apartment, but isn't that biting the hand that feeds you?

4 comments:

Valerie said...

truly, tomato plants like to suffer.

Sara M said...

Don't we believe in the reserection of all things? LOL.

Esther said...

Maybe this tomato plant is your Dennis.

shaunacd said...

You see! you really have a green thumb. I'd say keep that plant.