Sunday, December 7, 2008

30 Rock quote of the week -- 12/4

Kenneth to Liz Lemon: Your landlord called. He said it's not the toilet. It's you.

Her response: His opinion.

This is especially relevant to me this week. On the Friday after Thanksgiving, I made a Thanksgiving dinner for about 5 people. I was washing dishes all day with no problem. Then after everyone left, I had about 3 more pans and all the serving dishes to do and about halfway through, the sink just stopped draining. I was determined to fix the problem myself and not call the super, but my attempts did not work and I had to call the super the next day. He did not get back to me until my second call on Tuesday. On Wednesday, he came up and tried the things I had already tried, and when that did not work, he called the plumber, who could not come until Friday. So that's a full week without a kitchen sink. Annoying, yes, but there are many worse problems in the world than washing dishes in the bathroom sink. However, when I came home from work/other things on Friday night, there was a note saying that I could still not use the kitchen sink. Whatever had plugged up my sink got pushed down to the first floor and now the other sinks in the building were backing up and he had to call the plumber in on a Saturday to fix the problem. When I ran into the super in the hallway Saturday afternoon, he said the problem was now fixed after laying a ton of guilt on me for ruining the pipes in the whole building. His assessment was that it was turkey grease. Okay, I said, I guess I'm guilty then.

Today, however, he just came to tell me that now the fourth floor is backing up and we can't use the sink again until the plumber can come back on Tuesday. Now, I really have to wonder. Could all of this be the problem of one 9 pound turkey? Especially when the pan I used to cook it in was one of those disposable ones that I disposed of instead of washing, as I have been known to do?

He said that 99% of the plumbing problems will be in the bathroom and then said, "You really have to be a genius to do this to a kitchen sink." Does this mean I'm a genius??

4 comments:

LeolaniNYC said...

i'm sorry, i just assumed that because Chris said to use the sink after 12noon on Saturday that I could run the dishwasher. OOPS, my bad! Also, sorry this is still going on. it is annoying.

sonya d said...

He said it was fixed at 1:00 yesterday. Don't know what happened between 1:00 Saturday and 5:30 Sunday. but yes, it's annoying.

One Sassy Princess said...

What a jerk--
Your 9# Turkey caould not back up an entire floor--I would say there were several others involved--just not coming forth 9tried to fix it on their own)! Don't take the responsibility for the 4th floor!
Sounds like a yummy dinner though!

shaunacd said...

You know men, they have to blame someone, usually a woman. You should be able to wash dishes in a kitchen sink. Isnt' that what they're for? You're a genius if you can take all that guilt tripping and not feel guilty. So don't.