Tuesday, December 4, 2007

star sighting

As previously reported, Esther came to visit this weekend and brought some friends with her. We went to brunch at one of my favorite West Village restaurants, Cowgirl. Since we had a big group, we had to wait a few minutes for a table, so we were sitting in front of the large window overlooking the street. I stood up to get a menu, and as I did so, caught a glimpse of another large group entering the restaurant. The leader of this group was none other than Jon Stewart, carrying his young son. I looked at him, immediately recognized him but had enough presence of mind to think, "Do not let it show." I turned around and then was able to start the freaking out, as I told everyone else, "Jon Stewart is coming, Jon Stewart is coming," then sat down and looked over the menu as calmly as possible. They entered and asked for a table of six, after which Esther and I looked at each other with a smirk, knowing that they would give our table of six to the Emmy winner and his wife, child and other guests. However, the hostess said, "We have two tables of six before you." yeah for us!

To me, it made the weekend that much more of a success because every visitor to New York should see at least one famous person. I know I was more excited than they were because I love Jon Stewart and I couldn't tell if anyone else knew who he even was.

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

I don't know what I'm more jealous of: that you got to see Jon Stewart or that you were eating at Cowgirl (home of the most gigantic quesadilla I've ever seen + they serve humongous glasses of Diet Coke... so big I didn't even need a refill and THAT'S saying something!)