Monday, August 31, 2020

Maine part 5

 After spending a few days in the east coast version of mountains, we wanted to spend some time at the beach.  I went into work one day (I go in once a week or so, always wearing a mask because we are taking this pandemic seriously in NYC), and I was telling my coworkers that I was going to Acadia for a few days and was looking for a place by the beach to go for the rest of the week.  Both of them said that they used to go to a small town called Ogunquit in Maine.  I went to my office and did a little research and by the end of the day, I had reserved a room at a little hotel in town.  

It has the feeling of typical beach town, with restaurants and T shirt stores.  We could walk from the hotel to the beach.  At the end of the street, we crossed over this little bridge over a river and at the end of the bridge was the beach.  The river was really cool for people to kayak or paddle board.  


Here's the river at lowtide.


Here's a short video at high tide:



Here's the beach in the morning.  It was a really nice beach, but I didn't get any good pictures.  


There is a cliff walk called the Marginal Way.  Here are some views from our walk, but if you look at the website there are lots of better ones. 



And that's summer 2020!

No comments: