Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Last day in Iceland

On my last day, I had a 5 pm flight and everyone else left in the  morning.  I went to the bus station and put my luggage in a locker and then walked around the rest of the day.  This is a good time to say that I didn't take cash out of an ATM the entire trip.  Everyone uses cards for everything in Scandinavia.  So at the bus station, I could even use a card to pay for the locker and also to pay 2 kroner to use the bathroom.  Since I have a credit card that gets me miles for every purchase, I loved getting miles for using the bathroom.


First I stopped into this famous church.  I happened to get there a little before 10 am and a service was starting at 10:00 (it was a Sunday).  I thought I'd stay for the service, but then the 10 minutes to wait seemed too boring, so I left.


I liked this little garden


stores and houses


My last cinnamon roll.




We had a Braud & co bakery about a block and a half from our B&B and we went there a few times.  This is the front of their other location.  


The end! (When can I go back?)


1 comment:

shaunacd said...

So beautiful, such wonderful memories.