Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Sintra part 2

After going to the castle and the palace, there was one more stop that we wanted to make.  I was pretty much done by that point, so this felt a little tacked on at the end (much like it's tacked on to my last post).

Quinta da Regaleira is an estate in Sintra, that is now open to the public.  We walked around the grounds and ate lunch there (a delicious crepe, not pictured), and then went to this Initiation Well.  What is it an initiation into?  I don't know, but it was cool.



The well from the top...


and from the bottom, looking up.


Bottom of the well.




After all that, we were ready to take the train home.  This is a billboard at the train station...


We went to find this little shopping area for hipsters, LX Factory.  Even though we said it a million times, I kept thinking it was called XL Market.  




My friend, Kathy, is a graphic designer, so she notices a lot of packaging that I might not otherwise notice.  


Lisbon at night...





2 comments:

Valerie said...

Pretty cool place!

shaunacd said...

These places are incredible, I always love old, historic places. How thrilling to see all this.