Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Lisbon part 1

This is going to be epic!  I have a million pictures of Portugal, and it's going to take a million years to get through it.  Stop number one was Lisbon.

I slept maybe an hour or two on the plane (took off from NYC at 8:20 pm and landed in Lisbon at 8:00 am).  We dropped off our luggage at the hotel and then pushed through to see the city.  We walked over 8 miles that day.  The first picture I took was of these little kids in their school uniforms.


This is Rossio Square.  These stone mosaic patterns are all over the city.


We rode this tram.  Mostly tourists take them.


One of many churches.


Here is the Commercial Square.  (too many tourists are in my pictures.)


This beach is opposite the Commercial Square.  


Aerial view (stolen from Wikipedia)



here are a few of the stores in town


The blue tiles are on many of the buildings throughout Portugal.  We loved them!
This is the oldest bookstore in the world, Livraria Bertrand.






More to come!

3 comments:

shaunacd said...

Bookstore!! One of my favorite places.

shaunacd said...

I do love the picts of the beach.

Valerie said...

SO beautiful!