Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Cupcakes -- Philly style

Here are two cupcakes from a place called The Flying Monkey. I got a little excited when she said the frosting was Swiss cream. But I wasn't really crazy about it-- maybe because it was cold instead of room temperature so it was hard (I guess I could have waited for it to warm up, but didn't). The cake was also kind of spongey and was only marginal. Here is the vanilla/vanilla and the mint chocolate.






The next place we tried was called Brown Betty Dessert Boutique. My friend that I was with knows I'm crazy and was a good sport by walking our feet off to find it. These were better than the first place. We got vanilla/ vanilla, pineapple, and chocolate/ peanut butter.

The cake was pretty good, but this peanut butter frosting was to die for.

4 comments:

Valerie said...

when did you go to Philly?

sonya d said...

Last weekend (September 21)

shaunacd said...

A cupcake BOUTIQUE? Wow, that is the ultimate!!

Ang said...

NICE - and I'm texing you what I really want to write on here but am not doing.