Friday, May 6, 2011

Besøk


My friend Anne Lise and her mom came to visit me last week. They've both been here before, but haven't BEEN here (i.e. stayed and played for a few days) so I had a list of a million places I wanted to take them. It turns out they had their own agenda. They arrived and got sraight into a car and drove for 6 hours or so. When they got back to the city, these two showed me how to shop. But I finally got them to one of my favorite dessert places... Serendipity!



Here are Lise and I having a dock day. What's a dock day? Read this.







Since Lise's mom was born and raised in Norway, and Lise lived there as a kid and again as a missionary, I got to practice my Norwegian (which is super rusty). There were so many funny moments. For example, in Times Square there was an ad for CAlvin Klein or something and Anne said something that I didn't understand. When I asked what she said, she told me, "That model has no boobs." Never learned those words... go figure!!

We had lots of fun and can't wait for them to come back!

3 comments:

Very Zaneta said...

Fun! When I needed to regroup, I would always go to the beach when I lived in CA. Maybe I can try a Dock Day and see if it works :)

Jill said...

i love that the diet coke is nicely represented...

One Sassy Princess said...

Jill--because you can't have a "real" dock day without a Diet Coke!!!

Sonya---we want to so come back and stay longer, play more, and SHOP (but NOT doing the purse "thing" again)!!!

Missed it the moment we left your place!