Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas movies

This was the first year since I've lived in NYC that I stayed in town for the holidays. I wasn't so sure how I would feel about it, because I do enjoy being with my family on Christmas. But I hate traveling in all the chaos of the holidays. Plus, I often get sick over the holidays. This year I got sick, as did everyone else in my family, and I was really relieved not to be dealing with crowded airports in that state. The report is that staying in New York for Christmas is fantastic! My goal was to do three movies in three days, but it didn't work out since I wasn't feeling well. But two movies in one weekend is still pretty good.

First was It's Complicated. Yes, this movie has been previewed to death. I think I could quote the trailers. Usually when a movie is hyped this much, it is disappointing to actually see it because you've already seen all the best parts. Although that is kind of true with this movie, I still laughed at all the same lines that I had seen 800 times in the commercials. Alec Baldwin was hilarious. John Krasinski was adorable. I quite enjoyed it.

Next was The Young Victoria. I had high hopes for this movie and I did enjoy it, but not as much as I had hoped. I would still recommend it. Emily Blunt was nominated for a Golden Globe for this role and it was well deserved.

1 comment:

Esther said...

We just saw Young Victoria last night and all loved it. We didn't know what to expect though. Emily Blunt was great!