Wednesday, December 23, 2009

best reviewed movies of the year

Besides Precious, which I loved, I've seen a few other movies that have been praised by the critics. My review on all of them is "Really? What's the big deal?" That includes:

Up in the Air. Yes, George Clooney looks great in a suit and I do like the relationship between him and his protege. Other than that? I feel like it's a story that's been told before.

Broken Embraces. I found myself trying to read my watch during the movie. I guess some people are comparing this movie to Alfred Hitchcock movies, which I admit, I've seen very few of. But still, I wasn't really entertained.

A Single Man. A beautiful exploration of grief. But kinda boring. Still love Mr. Darcy, though!

None of these movies would beat out a good night at home, watching Friday Night Lights!

2 comments:

Esther said...

Agree totally on Up in the Air. I thought it was just okay. I thought I was the only one though since everyone is worshipping it.

sonya d said...

Weird, right? just FYI, the three friends I saw the movie with all agreed with us.