Thursday, July 16, 2009

Back to work

My work schedule is a little weird. Since I work with kids, mostly I have to see them after school. A lot of times my "work" day starts at 4 pm, which means that I am at work until 8 or 9 most nights and I get super excited on the nights I can actually leave by 7:00. In the summer, I don't run groups and some of my kids can come earlier in the day, as long as they are not in summer school. So when I came back to work on Monday, I decided I was going to do five 8-hour days, with the goal of taking advantage of the extra daylight hours and good weather. My first day back, I had this conversation with my supervisor.

Me: I was determined to leave work by 6:00 every day this week.
Mary: That's a great idea! You should do that.
Me: Well.... it's quarter to eight.
Mary: (Disappointed) ...Oh....

2 comments:

Esther said...

Fantastic, I love it.

shaunacd said...

Tina tells me she is so impressed with the work you do and the career you have. I feel the same. take care of those kids.