Monday, April 13, 2009

Returning to my roots

A few weeks ago, I went to the quilt show here in New York. I enjoyed it so much that I decided to join the quilt guild. Isn't it inevitable that we all turn into our mothers? So last Saturday I attended my first official meeting. At the end of the meeting, there is a show and tell portion. All of the quilts were beautiful, but see if you can figure out which one I went nuts over.

It inspired me to start creating again. We'll see how long it lasts. But here's the last quilt I made for my BFF Esther, who recently had a baby. (the white fabric has little cupcakes on it, so she'll never forget who made it for her!) I'm working on a new one which I'll post when I get a little further.

4 comments:

Tina said...

Glad to see you're coming back to the quilting fold! This one is really cute. And if you're referring to the Obama quilt... >sigh<

Laurie said...

That quilt is DARLING! You are talented!

shaunacd said...

well, in 2 aspects that I can think of you are like your mother: love quilts, and New York. I'm sure there are more.

Tracy said...

I love it!