Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Movie reviews

Some of these have been out for a while, but here goes, anyway...



I Love You, Man. I laughed hysterically throughout this movie. After seeing it opening night, Heidi's friend Josh came from out of town and it was the only movie he wanted to see, so I agreed to go a second time with them. Afterwards, Josh asked me what I thought about seeing it a second time. My response? "Are you joking, couldn't you hear me laughing the whole time? I was the loudest one in the theater!" I'm a big Rush fan (well, that's a slight exaggeration) and so there was plenty to love in this movie as Paul Rudd & Jason Segal not only sang a few Rush songs, but attended a Rush concert. Here's a taste. I kind of want to see it again! (Mom, it's not for you, though.)

Adventureland. This movie is right up my alley. The movie starts with James graduating from college and realizing that his degree does not qualify him to do much in the real world. Sound familiar? What else can he do but go to work in an amusement park? I thought it was funny, sweet and very entertaining. It's a much better version of an 80's movie than the 80's movies you probably know and love.

Duplicity. This is exactly the type of movie that I hate. You're supposed to like it because it has beautiful Julia Roberts and even more beautiful Clive Owen in beautiful settings, but it's all a bunch of crap. It was fun to see them hanging out in Rome, since I had just been there. Other than that, snooze.

State of Play was okay. I mostly saw it because it was a chance to hear Ben Affleck saying my name for 2 hours. Leolani liked it because of the journalism/reporter stuff, which is fine because she is a journalist. I felt like it's been done before and I didn't like the whole traditional newspaper man vs. flashy new blogger chick thing. So predictable. (however, this is a good movie for you, mom.)

so, there you have my two cents....

1 comment:

Equis said...

You sold me on Adventureland and I'll definitely see I Love You Man as soon as it's available on Netflix. But I won't be catching Duplicity or State of Play since I can't really tolerate Julia Roberts or Ben Affleck.