Tuesday, January 13, 2009

30 Rock quote of the week 1/8

Blond actress to Jack: Do we at least have the music rights?
Jack: Yes and no. Yes, I'm talking, and no, we do not have the music, but I'm on it.

Congratulations to Tina Fey on her Golden Globe and on this great speech! Who could possibly hate her?



Speaking of the Golden Globes...
"30 Rock" and "Mad Men" are the best shows of the year and Ann Hathaway did NOT win for her overrated performance in Rachel Getting Boring. Whoops, I mean Rachel Getting Married. Plus Bruce Springsteen won for his amazing song from The Wrestler. All was right at the Golden Globes this year! Except for the snub for January Jones from "Mad Men."

6 comments:

Equis said...

Loved Tina's speech. All the haters can suck it!

Unknown said...

I totally agree that Tina's speech was terrific--easily the best speech of the night.
Am I allowed to disagree with you on your own blog, though? I'd put several shows higher than "30 Rock" and "Mad Men" in 2008, namely "The Wire's" superb final season, "In Treatment's" superb first season, and the return of "Friday Night Lights." That said, I do love "Mad Men."

sonya d said...

of course, you can disagree with me. Since I haven't seen "The Wire" or "In Treatment," I had to go with "Mad Men." I believe you that "In Treatment" is great and I can't wait to see it when it comes out on DVD. However, "FNL" and "The Wire" weren't nominated, and "30 Rock" is in a different category. For a comedy, "30 Rock" was definitely the winner.

shaunacd said...

Who could possibly not like Tina Fey. She is talented and down to earth, and unaffected, and very funny. Some people are just jealous.

Equis said...

I have to agree with Trevor on "The Wire" hands down best show ever. I just purchased the complete series on DVD for Christmas as a gift for a friend.

Valerie said...

Blond actress=Jenna