Monday, September 14, 2015

Yellowstone

Entering Yellowstone, there was a bit of traffic. I don't know why, but this surprised me. I think I pictured it being just wide open spaces, not a highway with traffic. 

Kevin said that once we got up further, we'd probably see an animal and all these idiots slowing down to look at it. Then we'd see a park ranger outside trying to move traffic along. He was right on both accounts. 


One lonely buffalo walking along the side of the road. 

Mostly we drove through but stopped a couple times and got out of the car.  Sometimes the parking lots were full, so we didn't bother.  For the Lower Falls, we hiked down and back up again.  


Driving through a little "town" we saw all these elk hanging out on the lawn. 

We stopped and saw Old Faithful. This was somewhat cool, but on the other hand, also made me think "this is what people flock here for?"  

Look at all those people. Early comers got to sit on the rows of benches. Everyone else stood. 

There's a little section that is kind of hidden behind this mound, so no benches are set up there and no people. So I could take a picture with just Old Faithful. 


This is the inside of the Old Faithful Inn. We wanted to stay here but since my flight was cancelled out of Denver, I lost a day. 


All the way up in the rafters, they used to have a live orchestra and then people could dance downstairs. 

A herd of buffalo 



We saw buffalo, elk, deer and antelope. But no bears, which is what kevin was hoping to see. Not so much me. 








2 comments:

shaunacd said...

What a beautiful place. I know I went there as a child, but somehow we missed it when you were little. Sorry. But now you get to see it when you can appreciate it. Old Faithful. It really is just a geyser, but you can count on it, and that's important!!

shaunacd said...

That traffic jam. People are the same all over.