Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Fall TV


Fall TV has started.  I don't know if this is good news or bad news, but there's not much that I'm excited about this year.  In fact, when I read through the TV preview, I couldn't think of one new show that I wanted to watch, and I wasn't even very interested in any of the old shows, either.  The only show I'm super excited about is the Mindy Project, but that isn't even on network TV anymore, and I guess I'm looking forward to The Walking Dead, although I thought last season's ending wasn't great. 

But I decided I'd give a few new shows a shot.  So, here we go...

Quantico -- It's a show about some FBI recruits and their training and one of them is really a terrorist and we have the season to find out who it is.  Although it's getting a lot of buzz, my expectations were pretty low.  But the first episode was okay, so we'll see.

The Muppets --  A favorite old show with a new take.  So far, so good, although I don't love it. 

Supergirl -- I have almost zero interest in superhero movies or shows anymore, but this one is getting some decent buzz.  I have a feeling it is going to sit in my DVR queue and then be deleted but you never know. 

The Grinder -- a comedy about an actor who plays a lawyer on TV and then decides to go to his hometown and become a real lawyer, with his lawyer brother.  And it takes place in Idaho, of all places!  And it has Rob Lowe, so....

My Crazy Ex-Girlfriend -- Even though I don't like the title or the idea that all ex-girlfriends are crazy, I have heard some good things about this show.  Mostly from my new favorite podcast, Pop Culture Happy Hour

Returning shows

Last Man on Earth -- I don't know if anyone watches this show, but I think it's hilarious.  This was a mid-season replacement from last year. I caught most of season one On Demand because I think they were dumping several episodes at a time and I didn't even know what day it was on.  Season two just started on Sunday, which has become known as the day to put the most popular shows, so someone must like it. 

The Walking Dead -- last season started out SO GOOD but I don't think it held up til the end.  I wasn't super excited about the group landing in Alexandria.  Mostly it was probably a set up for what comes next.  And over the summer, they did a spin-off called Fear the Walking Dead, which I quite liked. 

Nashville -- last season had some good plotlines and some good music. 

And of course, The Mindy Project which is now on Hulu, which happens to be the one thing I don't subscribe to.  There have been three episodes released already, and I haven't watched them.  I probably will, though. 

My favorite 22 minutes of each day, The Daily Show, has a new host.  I watched the first episode Tuesday and I think it might just hold up.  Fingers crossed!!

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

So did the Mormon guy in Quantico have his running around in his garments scene in the pilot or is that later in the season?

Also, I loved the scene in the Muppets when Piggy meanly tells Kermit to go away, but Kermit says, "I'm here to apologize," and she changes to a sweet-as-pie voice to say, "Come in!"

sonya d said...

Yes, the Mormon guy was in his garments in the pilot. People made a much bigger deal out of it than necessary, as usual.