Monday, August 8, 2011

Red Bank Cupcakes

Jill recently moved to Red Bank NJ and for a town that small, they have THREE cupcake places. I tried one place called Cupcake Magician this weekend, and I have just one word to describe them: CORRECT.

I looked at this vanilla vanilla and was very skeptical. The frosting is really just some white chocolate -- maybe ganache? I don't know but it didn't really matter because the cake was the real star of this show. Dense, moist, and the right amount of sweetness... they had some of the best tasting cake I've had.




We also tried the "Devil Dog" cupcake, which was also quite delicious. The chocolate cake was really good and different -- the chocolate was almost like a German chocolate cake because it wasn't super rich, which is good for me. The frosting was similar to the previous cupcake, but it also had this delicious creamy filling.





We also got the "Peanut Butter Explosion" which was similar to the above Devil Dog, but the filling was peanut butter. Needless to say, this one was also ridiculous.
I didn't taste the Tiramisu, but Jill did and here is a picture of it:





I'm going back!!

1 comment:

shaunacd said...

It seems only fair that you send samples of these cupcakes you describe. How else could we decide if you are right in your assessment? I'm sure my DingDongs don't measure up.