Tuesday, March 8, 2011

About a month ago I had an operation, so I've been on medical leave. Three things are awesome about this.
1) I still get a paycheck every two weeks, but haven't done any work for over a month.
2) After all of this time off, I still have over 600 sick hours accrued.
3) I get to stay home every day and not feel guilty about anything.


My life is a little bit like this old episode of 'Friends.' The only thing missing is my recliner chair.

Which is another thing I love about being home. I used to watch 'Friends' every day at 7 and 11. Now they have re-runs of stupid shows like 'Two and a Half Men' at those times, but I discovered that I can watch 'Friends' from 5-7 now. I realized that the show feels pretty dated... but I couldn't put my finger on why. Their hairstyles and clothes are actually very similar to what people still wear today. Then I realized... it's the stupid laugh track! None of the comedies I watch now have laugh tracks (i.e. 'The Office,' '30 Rock,' or 'Modern Family.' ) It makes such a difference.

This is the exciting stuff to blog about after a month of medical leave!

No comments: