Saturday, February 26, 2011

Best of 2010

Tomorrow is Hollywood's big night, which means I can get my "best of" list in just under the wire.


Once again, I don't have a top ten, and to be honest, don't really have super strong feelings about any movies this year. Probably the best reviewed movie of the year was The Social Network, which was just okay for me, despite my usual love of Aaron Sorkin scripts. The Kids are All Right was so overrated (although I did think Annette Benning was good, and Mark Ruffalo was adorable). Winter's Bone is the type of movie I normally adore, but I couldn't get into it. Maybe it was because I was on pain killers when I watched it. I could never sit through 127 Hours because the whole time I would be thinking "What an idiot!!" not to mention it would gross me out too much. I didn't have any interest in Black Swan either. Bad year for movies!


Anyway, so here's my list of the best movies of 2010
1. Blue Valentine (don't see it, mom!!)
2. The Town
3. The King's Speech
4. The Fighter
5. The Social Network
6. Inception

Best performances
Best Actor -- Colin Firth, The King's Speech
Best Supporting Actor -- Jeremy Renner, The Town
I don't even have a pick for Best Actress or Supporting Actress.


Best of TV
best comedy -- 30 Rock (still love it)
best drama -- Mad Men and Parenthood
best new show -- Parenthood
best episode -- Mad Men "The Suitcase" (Peggy's birthday episode)
amazing TV moment -- "Whip my hair" by Jimmy Fallon as Neil Young and Bruce Springsteen as himself in the 70's
favorite character -- Blaine, "Glee"
best performance on two different shows -- Michael B Jordan on Parenthood & FNL
best TV on DVD -- thirtysomething
kind of disappointing -- Friday Night Lights season 5

Best concerts
1. John Mayer in Seattle
2. John Mayer in NJ
3. John Mayer in MSG
Favorite song -- "Teenage Dreams" by Katy Perry (but really, by Blaine on "Glee")
Best album -- Bruce Springsteen "The Promise" (and I'm not saying that because I'm old. It's an awesome album!)

Best books I read
Non-fiction -- Half the Sky
Fiction -- One Day by David Nicholls

2 comments:

Kendra Leigh said...

Do you not watch Modern Family? Because it's hilarious. Glad it was a bad year for movies... means I didn't miss much.

sonya d said...

I do watch Modern Family, but it's not my favorite.