Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Winner is....

Premiere week is behind us. The new shows I watched:
The Event
Hawaii Five-O
Blue Bloods
Undercovers
My Generation
Running Wilde


The winner out of the new shows was "MY GENERATION." I loved this show!! Of course, I can't help but love the idea of revisiting these characters ten years after high school and seeing where people's lives took them. I think I like this idea so much because I am constantly thinking about how my life has taken different turns, and I wonder how everything ended up this way. I have been thinking about this for a few years, but especially in the past few months. What would have happened if I had done this differently, or that differently? I am so looking forward to seeing this story unfold.

The loser was "Running Wilde". I am going to give it another try, but so far, I didn't think it was funny at all. I didn't like "Arrested Development" (by the same writers/producers) until the third episode, which turned out to be one of my favorite shows of all time, so I am going to stick with this one.

"The Event" is also on the block. The networks keep trying to come up with a new "LOST" but they are not going to find it!!

All the others are crime fighting shows and since I don't even particularly like crime fighting shows, I don't know if I'll be keeping any of them. I actually like the idea behind "Blue Bloods" the best -- several generations of NYC cops and also a DA in the family. But the writing is not very good, so I guess I'll see how that one fares. "Hawaii Five-O" may have the best shot because Hawaii and the main guy are both quite beautiful.

So there you have it.

5 comments:

Equis said...

I watched all of these (and then some.) My Generation was definitely one of my favorites. And I agree with you on Running Wilde it was probably my least favorite and I will also be giving it one more shot, but only one more. If this week's episode is comparable to last week's I will not stick around. Did you happen to catch Raising Hope? I thought I'd give it a try and I was pleasantly surprised. It's up there with "My Generation" for me.

Equis said...

Oh and I saw this article and thought of you
http://blogs.abcnews.com/theworldnewser/2010/09/the-boss-bruce-springsteen-takes-charge-of-engagement-photo-shoot.html

sonya d said...

OMG, that is awesome!! Springsteen is the coolest ever!

I didn't watch Raising Hope, but thought about it. maybe I'll give it a try, now that some of the others haven't panned out.

Laurie said...

What? No Sister Wives?

Shiff said...

The most UNeventful show on tv is the event. They have a great way of having an hour long show that seems more like 2 hours and they don't seem to get anywhere with anything. I am going to give it one more episode. If they have another running scene that takes up the whole show, the event will be me turning the channel.