Monday, September 13, 2010

Here it is, People!


My favorite issue of the year!! Somehow, my subscription has gotten lost and it's been a big bummer. But since my neighbor is out of town and asked me to pick up his mail, I have been able to do my usual hunting for the next best shows.

Shows I'm most excited for:

The Event: The preview looks great and I have a huge crush on Jason Ritter. The only downside to this show is it means Jason Ritter won't be returning to Parenthood. (Mondays, NBC)

Undercovers: I guess it's supposed to be a modern version of Hart to Hart. Although I don't think I ever watched an episode of that show all the way through, this one is by JJ Abrams, so, of course, I have to give it a shot. Spy stuff is pretty hit-or-miss for me, so we'll see. (Wednesdays NBC)

My Generation: Looks like it's right up my alley... (Thursdays ABC)

Others I'm going to try:

Blue Bloods: Okay, I admit it. I will probably just watch this one because I love Magnum PI and I loved Donnie Walberg when he was on Boomtown. In fact, I once fantasized that I would be a PI like Magnum one day. I'm not one of those people that will watch anything just because an actor I like is in it, and I'm not even one of those people that won't watch something because an actor I hate is in it. But I'm going to give this show a shot because I like these two guys and EW recommends it. (CBS Fridays)

Hawaii Five-O: Again, it's recommended by EW. Plus, there's a character from NJ, who apparently moves to Hawaii and hates it, which sounds funny to me. I'm not a big cop show person these days, and this will be the third one in the list that I'm planning to check out, so we will have to see who makes it to the end of the season. (CBS Mondays)

Running Wilde: Who is funnier than Wil Arnet?? (Tuesdays FOX)

Returning shows:

Parenthood: Watched some reruns this weekend and loved it just as much the second time around.

Glee: Of course!

Friday Night Lights: CANNOT wait for the final season of my favorite show. I was so happy that the Taylors were nominated for Emmys this year, but disappointed that neither of them won.

30 Rock: Of course.

The Office: Hope it gets better...

On the fence about:

How I Met Your Mother: This is one show that I started watching and then gave up about 3 times. EW promises this season is going to get better. But I'm not sure I care anymore.

The Good Wife: Liked the family stuff, but the procedural stuff doesn't interest me that much. Season one was good, but I don't think I'll stay tuned for season two.

Life Unexpected: One of my favorite mid-season replacements last season... but it really went downhill fast. Then it ended with a wedding, and a guy running in to stop the wedding so he could tell the woman that he loved her. Uff! Seriously??

5 comments:

shaunacd said...

It does look like some good shows coming up this year. I guess what I'll have to do is get Friday Night Lights and Parenthood thru netflix since some how I missed them. I do like The Good Wife precedural stuff. It's interesting when they come up with the solution at the last minute.

Tina said...

This is my favorite post of yours every year. What's funny is that some our selections are the same and some are so different.

Unknown said...

i did hear that tim the tool man taylor may be replacing steve carell soooo, that will probably officially end my relationship with the office. and i'm sad that ANTM is nowhere on that list. i wish it didn't lose the thrill...

Esther said...

I've been waiting for this post so I can program my DVR!

Equis said...

Have you ever tried Community on for size? I watched the entire first season over the summer and I was surprised with how much I enjoyed the show. It might be a good replacement for The Office since I have a sneaking suspicion it's not gonna be around much longer.