Wednesday, August 19, 2009

OMG Finally!!

Each week when I read my EW and get to the TV on DVD section, there is always some bad 80's show that has become available on DVD. That's when I go mental. Because while seasons 1 and 2 of "Perfect Strangers" are availabe for purchase, my favorite show of all time "thirtysomething" is not. So, you can imagine how I felt when I got around to the TV on DVD section this week. I actually gasped out loud, somewhere around 168th St. on the A train.

Finally, the first season of thirtysomething is coming to DVD and it's being released on my birthday! How did they know?? It's like the universe is giving me a present.





There are so many reasons I love this show. I love shows with family and relational dynamics, and this one is full of them. It came in the day when characters on TV were more like real people... they wore their hair in ponytails, wore the same clothes more than once, and had jobs that they actually had to go to. Plus, I could dream all day that I was Hope and married to Michael Steadman. Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?

3 comments:

Equis said...

My sister and I were talking about this the other day, more specifically how old all these thirtysomething people seemed to us when it originally aired. I need to Netflix the DVD’s when they are released. I can’t imagine what it would be like to watch a television show I actually relate to, unlike Gossip Girl, Real Housewives or The Hills.

Brenda Dickerson Lassabe said...

I love, love love thirtysomething!

Equis said...

FYI - There is going to be a thirtysomethig reunion on Good Morning America tomorrow morning. Supposedly the whole cast will be there.