Sunday, August 16, 2009

Hawaii


I just got back from my first trip to Hawaii and I'm going to do a Top Ten list, but first I'd like to say the worst part of the trip. Which is that that I got home Friday and felt like death after that friggin' flight and at this very moment, it is Saturday night/Sunday morning at 5 am and I haven't been able to fall asleep! Finally, I gave up and decided to do my blog post.


And on to my faves...

1. the beaches (of course)





2. fresh mango and pineapple

3. watching this movie on the flight over (my third time). I watched this scene with the biggest grin on my face, sang out loud, and laughed out loud when it was over. (I'm not exaggerating.)



4. taro rolls (yes, they are blue/purple!). I had two at dinner, then stashed a couple in my purse for later a la Teri Garr in Tootsie




5. watching the show at PCC while wearing a lei


6. reading a whole book, starting on the subway on the way to the airport and finishing on the flight home.


7. Pearl Harbor memorial. very interesting and learned a lot.



8. hanging with Leo's little niece, who said, "Auntie Sonya, what're you doing?" about 100 times a day. she's adorable!



9. shopping at the swap meet and finding a cute Hawaiian print dress for myself (not a muu-muu).


10. NOT getting hit by Hurricane Felicia


Plus, chickens everywhere! I don't know why, but I got such a kick out of seeing them at the beach, at the restaurant, in the parking lot at Wal-Mart...






btw, the sun is now coming up. How am I going to go to work on Monday??

4 comments:

Equis said...

I've never been to Hawaii but I long for it so! Looks like you had a great time, what a beautiful vacation.

Esther said...

#2. That shows it was a real vacation.
#3. That movie is a mini-vacation in and of itself.
#4. "They're for my dog."
#9. Nice to see you handled your sunburn correctly.

Regarding the chickens, they were just agreeing with you. ("cluck, cluck, cluck")

Laurie said...

You make me want to go back even more! Did you snorkel? We saw everything in Nemo while snorkeling - except the sharks.

We did not get to go to Pearl Harbor or the PCC since we were in Maui. I am jealous. We want to take the kids BAD!

Did you get any Hawaiian Ice? Hula pie? Ahhh yummm...

shaunacd said...

Beautiful. So glad you had a good time. Want more pictures. Thanx for the postcard, it is on the wall.Love to you