Monday, January 10, 2022

Barcelona, part 1

 I'm not someone that has a "bucket list" but I do have a few places that I have always wanted to visit, and Barcelona is one of them.  So I finally got to go while I was in Spain.  Our first stop was "La Sagrada Familia" cathedral.  This cathedral has apparently been under construction for a hundred years and is still not done.   The architect, Antoni Gaudi, worked on this cathedral for 40 years and after he died, others took over and have continued to work on it.  You can see some of the scaffolding and a crane in these pictures. 

We entered on this side of the building....





Inside is supposed to resemble trees because Gaudi liked to bring nature into his work. 





On the other side of the building, these sculptures were carved into the side. 



I loved the expression on their faces








2 comments:

Jill said...

The sculptures all seem so sad 😞

Such a pretty city though

shaunacd said...

What an amazing place to see.