Monday, April 17, 2017

Uptown

My sister and her family were here for Spring Break.  We went to do a few things I have never done before.  This is Alexander Hamilton's summer home:




Cherry blossoms


General Grant's Memorial.  I learned that more than a million people attended his memorial service.  Besides being instrumental in ending the Civil War and defeating the Confederate Army, he was seen as a major civil rights leader during his presidency and after.  He was very well loved at the time, especially here in Harlem.


Running in front of the memorial


4 comments:

Jill said...

that's awesome

Valerie said...

Hooray for National Parks!

shaunacd said...

Love that house. I wish I had gone to see it when we were there.

Heather said...

Looks like you had so many fun adventures!!!!!! You look great btw. =)