Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Iceland day 3


On day three, we had booked an all day tour outside of the city.  This is basically what the countryside looked like -- kind of green and brown.  




First, we went to see a geysir.  I learned that geysir is an Icelandic word and we call ours geysers after them.  When I went to see Old Faithful last year, I wasn't that impressed, but for some reason, this one did impress me.  I think it was because you could see the water kind of bubbling, like in a pool, and then it would explode.





Next we drove an hour or so to a glacier to go snowmobiling.   We drove up in this crazy bus.



They gave us these cute clothes to wear.




The view from on top of the glacier.



Next we drove to "Golden falls"  They were beautiful, but it was starting to pour so I didn't get the best photos.






Dinner was meatballs and potatoes!  Yum...


3 comments:

shaunacd said...

What an exciting adventure. I'm glad you were able to get some good pictures, that's the best!!

Valerie said...

Wow, how educational!
How was snowmobiling?

sonya d said...

Snowmobiling was fun but it was harder than I expected. There were a few times that the snow was so slushy that they had to guide us through so we didn't get stuck. I wanted to chicken out but I knew I'd be mad at myself if I did, so I did it.