Sunday, September 18, 2016

Fall TV

Lots of new shows start this week. This is what I'll be watching:

Most anticipated new show for me: "This is Us" on NBC Tuesdays. It's by the same writers and producers as "Parenthood" and "Friday Night Lights." 

"The Good Place" on Mondays on NBC -- Kristen Bell plays a bad person who accidentally gets into heaven and Ted Dansen is the architect for the neighborhood. Looks funny.  

"Speechless" on ABC Wednesdays -- a mom who has a kid with cerebral palsy and has to advocate for him in a new town. 

"Designated Survivor" on NBC Mondays. This is least likely to last more than a couple episodes for me, but you never know. 

"Pitch" on FOX Thursdays about The first female pro baseball player.  

"No Tomorrow" on The CW about some people checking things off their bucket list before the world supposedly ends. 

New on Netflix: "The Crown" about the British Royal family, each season covers one decade from the 1940s until modern times. Will it fill the void "Downton Abbey" left? We'll see. 

Also new, two shows on FX that already started two weeks ago. "Atlanta" about a 20 something kid who is trying to promote his cousin's rap career (starting and created by Donald Glover from "Community")and "Better Things" about a single mom raising three girls. Makes me want to apologize to my own mom, who raised four of us. 

Returning shows:
-- "Mindy Project" (last season was very disappointing, but I watched until the end and will likely continue because I'm dumb like that.)
-- "New Girl"(also a disappointing last season. We will see what happens with this one.  It may be my last.)
-- "The Walking Dead" can't wait!!!!! 
-- "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" love this one so much. If you missed season one, go back and watch it. 

I think that's pretty much it! What are you watching? 




5 comments:

Jill said...

hmm...interesting...

Valerie said...

I don't seem into any of the new shows. you've inspired me to look a little closer at them...

shaunacd said...

It may have seemed like I was a single mom because your dad was always away. But at least I didn't have to work for our money. I loved every (almost) minute of it as the mommy.

I'll say I'll have to watch that show by "Friday Night Lights" writers. this show has held me spellbound on Netflix streaming and sadly, I'm almost finished with #5.

Heather said...

I watched 'Speechless' last week. Seemed to be one I'll watch again. Since we don't have cable we just binge on Netflix. Right now we're catching the new 'Family Guy episodes', and my kids have discovered 'Parks and Rec'. I'll be re-watching 'Outlander,' YOU NEED TO WATCH THAT!!!! Its so well done.

shaunacd said...

Love "This is Us" already. I will be watching it faithfully.