Friday, December 19, 2014

Fall TV -- winners and losers

So I posted my annual list in September, and now it's time to do a follow up.  This has been a pretty disappointing fall for TV, with a few exceptions.

The Mindy Project is so good this year.  This is the one show that I will watch live and sit through the commercials.  And then I watch again later so I can get my quote of the week.  Every time Danny wears those red reading glasses, I crack up.  And I love Danny's and Mindy's chemistry.  I made KB watch a couple episodes and told him he needs to learn to dance like Danny, but he said No.

The Walking Dead is the other show I look forward to each week.  Wow!  This has been a good season.  I was so bummed that they did the "fall finale" in November and I have to wait a while for it to come back.  Sundays are pretty boring without the Walkers!

The Newsroom took the place of Walking Dead on Sunday nights starting in December.   The season and the series ended last Sunday, but it was a great little show.  (Maybe I'll start West Wing over again!)

Parenthood has been so disappointing this year.  They have been spending more and more time showing Max and his issues, and I could not care less.  I hate the whole plot of Christina and Adam starting that school, and... big surprise, Adam's other business is failing?  Hmmm.... maybe starting two businesses in three years is a mistake?  Ugh.  Then all the stuff with Hank's daughter is so blah.  Turns out the only storyline I care about this season is Julia and Joel, and they were the ones I cared about the least before.  And I like Crosby, but not much is happening with him this season.

A lot of people were getting sick of New Girl, and by a lot of people, I mean Jill and Chris and the editors of Entertainment Weekly.  But I still loved it... until now.  There are still lots of things to like about it, but it's lost it's footing.

Marry Me was supposed to be the one great new comedy, but it's pretty stupid and not that funny.  I don't care about any of the supporting characters and the main couple isn't much better.  Quite disappointing.  The only thing I find kind of clever are Annie's two dads, the Kevins.  For example, the episode when one Kevin and Annie are competing about the things they want in their weddings.  But they aren't in it enough to make up for the rest of what the show is lacking.

And that's pretty much all the shows I watch!  Any of the other new shows that I said I might watch, I didn't.
What am I missing?




3 comments:

Heather said...

We don't have cable or anything fancy. Just the basic channels and Netflix.

One show I was obsessed with recently is called Love/Hate. The first 3 seasons were on Netflix (not now) but now I need season 4, and idk if they have a 5. IT WAS SOOOOO GOOD!!!!!!! Its made/set in Ireland and its about modern gangs and the drama they cause for themselves and their loved ones. Its really good. If you can find it let me know how you like it!

I was into Scandal too, on Netflix. It was pretty good.

Can't wait to see ya's this week!

shaunacd said...

So I guess I'll have to take note of these shows and watch them on Streaming. Love that streaming, I don't have to wait weeks to see what happens. I feel the same way about Parenthood, have been anticipating what will happen with Julia and Joel. It's fun to see Steve now and then on commercials.

Jill said...

you should give Brooklyn 99 a chance. even Chris likes it!