Thursday, October 30, 2014

Newport

My friend Angie came to visit the past week. She used to live in NYC but move several years ago, despite my best effort to sway her into saying by offering my spare bedroom in my rent stabilized apartment.  Anyway, she comes to visit every year and this time, she asked if I was interested in taking a road trip. So first I thought about going to the Poconos, but that is really set up for couples. My next thought was Montreal to see Jason, but he was coming here that weekend. So third choice was Newport and it was a good one!  The weather was perfect and the leaves are still glorious. We were there just for a day, but we did the Cliff walk and toured two of the mansions. We basically just picked two based on proximity and the fact that they close at 5:00 and we started at 3:00.

this is me before we started the Cliff Walk


 
 





 
 
 
 
 



Below is one of the houses that we passed on the Cliff walk.  I don't know if it was one of the houses to tour.  There were lots of people on the lawn, so we almost just walked up there, but glad we didn't!



 
 
Chateau Sur-Mer


 

The Elms (back)

3 comments:

shaunacd said...

Ahhhhm, I loved Newport. That house looks like "The Breakers" which is the biggest and most popular of the houses. You look beautiful in these pictures. Glad you had a good time.

Jill said...

Ericsson gets a shoutout! What what?? Looks so much fun...you know I used to love that show about American's palaces and castles...

Valerie said...

That place is amazing!
and yep, that is the Breakers. I think those are 3 of the ones that mom and I toured :)