Sunday, August 11, 2013

Modalen

Kevin was working crazy hours while I was visiting, so I took a little trip by myself by boat to this place called Modalen.  (dalen=valley)

Here are some pictures of the Bergen harbor from the boat.  You can see Bryggen over to the right. 



Here are all the vendors that are out daily in the summer on the wharf. 
 I ate a nice meal of salmon and potatoes the day before this trip.  I also bought a new sweater for myself, and one for my baby niece.  If you have been on a vacation with me, you know I love this kind of shopping.



Passing the bridge that goes to the island where Kevin lives.  Many, many times we have joked about jumping off this bridge.  For example, "If it doesn't stop raining,  I'm going jump off the Askøy bridge." 
 
 


The boat ride to Modalen took about an hour and a half.  Here are some random shots along the way. 







I still laugh whenever I see a sign that says "fart" on it.  Fart=speed
 



 
 
Approaching Modalen
 


I wandered around for an hour before the boat took me back to Bergen.  










 

4 comments:

shaunacd said...

Oh My Gosh, that is so beautiful. What a wonderful day!!

shaunacd said...

I love these pictures!!

Valerie said...

Those flowers were amazing!

Jill said...

you do love a good fart joke...