Sunday, April 28, 2013

Last but not least... The food

My first night in Bergen, Kevin made me kjøttkaker, totally from scratch.  He's a really good cook. 




Here is a traditional Norwegian breakfast -- bread, cheese, meats, jam, etc.  And don't forget the Nugatti !!


When Esther and I went to Norway in 2001, we went for a hike one day and on the way, stopped at 7-Eleven for a snack.  I got one of these hot dogs, filled with cheese and wrapped in bacon.  We still joke about it any time we are together and/or going on hikes.  (who needs trail mix?)  So when he suggested we stop and get a hot dog at 7-Eleven, how could I say no?  Soooooo good!



Kevin's neighbor works for a bread company and brings over leftover stuff sometimes.  He brought over this Easter cake/ marzipan kake.  Notice Kevin has a fork ready to dig in.  However, he took one bite and said it was too soggy for him, so guess who finished it?



People asked me if I had any cupcakes while in Norway.  Why would I eat a cupcake when I could have one of these...? I forgot how amazing these boller are!!



Here is the cod that KB caught, with some fish soup and potatoes.  Yum!!


1 comment:

shaunacd said...

ummmmm all the food looks so good, especially the cakes. What a problem, to have a neighbor bringing baked goods over. Looks like you had such a good time over there. Say "hi" to Kevin for me.