Friday, January 14, 2011

Christmas

Last year, I stayed in the city for Christmas and it was so great, easy and fun that I vowed I'd never travel again during crazy, snowy, crowded Christmas holidays. However, my beloved nephew turned EIGHT in December, and you know what that means. So, my vow is broken after one year. Jill, Chris and I decided to drive out to Val's house in Ohio so that we could avoid the airports. Of course, that turned out to be good because New York got over a foot of snow just a day or two before we were due to come back and we would have, no doubt, been stuck in Ohio. Here's the big boy himself. He's going through a Spider-man phase.


Here's the stinker with her new Christmas drum.

Below is my baby nephew on his new slide. For the first day or two, he had to be placed on top of the slide. But here he is attempting it himself. I know that moms and grandmas and aunts post these kinds of videos and no one really cares and no one really thinks they are earth shattering because it's just a one-year-old on a slide. At least, that's what I think when I look at your blog. But he's so cute, I can't help it.






(in the background you can hear what the whole week was like: Dad doing home repairs and my nephew saying weird things while playing Wii.)

2 comments:

Valerie said...

HaHa! That's so true about other people's blogs. I'm sure no one cares about what I post, but I do it anyway:)

shaunacd said...

Yes, good comment about other people's blogs, but blogs are for the family, and this one is very special. It brought back a lot of memories of our visit. Thanx