Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A whoopie cookie


After I posted the article about whoopie pies, I finally got around to reading the whole article. If you read all the way to page two, you read that Magnolia has a maple whoopie pie!! So, that was put on my agenda for Friday night. Here you can see (or maybe you can't) it's not really a whoopie pie, but two cookies with maple cream in between. Which is why when we told the guy behind the register that we had a whoopie pie, he kept calling it a whoopie cookie. We were so tempted by everything else in the place, that we decided to split a slice of cake, as well. Because it started to get super crowded in there, as it always does, and the staff started to freak out, as they always do, we quickly just chose one. I wanted to try the Hummingbird cake, but since Heidi has to ask 500 questions before she can settle on something and the staff were seriously not having it, I suggested the coconut cake, she agreed and that was that. But when he went to cut us a slice, he said there wasn't enough left for a whole slice... so they gave it to us for free! Perfect!
The verdict is that the whoopie cookie was really delicious. The cookies were perfect -- soft on the inside with a little bit of crispiness on the outside. The cream was really tasty, and I love maple. But I'm not sure I'd go out of my way for this again. If I want a whoopie pie, I'm going to go for a real one. But if you are going to Magnolia anyway, it's worth a try.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Man you are living my fantacy. Seeking out the best sugar has to offer...YUM! I am livin in the burbs making it the best I can...it is not the same.